Top Ten Reasons to Retire
by Scott Leach
1. Thirty years with same company
2. Outstanding benefit package
3. Adequate 401k sheltered from disaster by utilizing the Guarantee Fund option paying in the 7% range
4. Loss of interest fighting same old battles
5. Great opportunities for industry consulting work (earnings consistently exceed best years at former employer)
6. Move to warmer climate
7. Closer to wife's and my families
8. Work week as consultant half from former demands.
9. Greatly increased leisure and family time
10. Able to enjoy hobbies more - woodworking, reading, writing, on-line fantasy sports.