(NAMS14 conference, April 2016)
What will you do, all day, every day, to feel happy and fulfilled? You need purpose in life, even post-retirement.
Get advice and lots of ideas from Wendy, your retirement host, and from a variety of retirees worldwide, who have "been there and done that" already!
Retirement is a Journey, NOT a Destination. That's the key... Enjoy your Retirement Journey.
If you don't like retirement (yet), please don't assume you are alone in your negative retirement thoughts. Many others struggle through retirement, just like you do.
Get Help -OR- Pay it Forward if you can help another retiree. It only takes one persons words to help another retiree immensely!
Tell me about your retirement issue... share your problems and gain feedback from many others!
THREE ways to Share Your Story:
1) *NEW* - click the Start Recording to the right... and just start talking! Easy!
2) Write your story at this link. I will publish and readers can add their feedback. This has helped many retirees.
There IS light at the end of the retirement tunnel where you CAN find fulfillment and joy in retirement!
It's not about money either, though money obviously helps in dreaming possibilities. There is plenty you can do to be healthy, happy and engaged in life - without much - seriously. Life can be rich with activity and friendships, even while you are aging...
Retired Life - based on what we truly love in life - has got to make retired life just ROCK!
My thought is that we live busy lives. We go through school, then we work and have families, then we retire.
BOOM! Now what?
Let me help you live an active, engaged lifestyle, even though you are aging and slowing down a bit. You can remain smart, witty and social.
You can discover real purpose for your days while helping the world for the Greater Good.
(1) Register for my Retiree Insider newsletter and remain connected... learn and find new ideas! Help and Be Helped...
(2) Contribute your retirement story! Get retiree feedback from those who have been there before you...
(3) Interested in Home-Based Business Ideas? You'll find oodles of ideas, tutorials, and more.
(4) Ideas for Keeping Busy (email series)
(5) Join the Retirement Online Community and find new friends worldwide. Safe, private community forums, pen pals, and more!
(6) How to find Senior Friends on this site and in the private community (email series)
(7) Learn from and give feedback to any of the personal retiree stories on my site. Don't miss these personal submissions as they've helped many before you! Find new retiree submissions here!
This website accomodates three stages of retirement:
This site supports retirees in finding perfect-for-you, purposeful retirement lifestyles. We should all be leading HAPPY Retirements! We can still find solutions to our most pressing problems... thus kicking retirement anxiety to the curb.
I want to help you consider your options for a retirement lifestyle that is all about YOU.
I sincerely hope you find the nugget you need to carry you forward in retired life! Please get involved to learn more about your own retirement, share your retirement problems, and help other retirees simply by sharing and commenting on their pages. We can do this, TOGETHER!
It's time to Get Real! We still have lots to contribute to this world!
To a Happy, Productive Retirement!
P.S. I retired in April 2010 after twenty-five years as a Retirement Manager (and 35+ years with my local government employer) and have worked on this website for the last six years. More about me here. As a THIRTY YEAR retirement enthusiast, I have experienced my own retirement transition. I survived and you will too. Oddly enough, I am learning more about the REAL "me" now, in retirement. Why did it take me all these years to stop and think about ME!?
Click the image to view my books and author page!
I have also gathered the best selection of retirement books, on Amazon, and sorted them by retirement category for your easy browsing!