by Emmett Pace
Emmett resides in his Caribbean Paradise: Bequia. Emmett has a wonderfully happy retirement... who wouldn't in paradise? Grin! Don't take me wrong - he's not sitting around sunbathing and drinking umbrella drinks all day! Read on...
Introducing Emmett Pace from www.islandpace.com
I'm the lucky, happy guy you find talking about life and strife with local friends and visitors here on the paradise island of Bequia (pronounced Beck-wee; see www.islandpace.com), where I'm developing land and selling real estate, not just as a hobby, but to help pay the bills.
I met my wife Heather here when she was on vacation from New York City. My "retired" life sure beats the winters in West Virginia, 34 years in the steel business, and years of my own cooking.
What kinds of challenges do I tackle daily in paradise?
1. Getting the vehicle to run
2. wetting (not watering) the tropical plants
3. locating and buying the supplies the__________(fill the blank with: gardener, painter, housekeeper, contractor, etc) assured me yesterday were not needed for today's task.
4. Going to the ferry dock to see if the supplies coming from the nine mile distant mainland, which were promised on the first ferry at 9 AM, then assured to be on the 11:30 AM, which were not on the 12:30 PM or the 2 PM ferries, have made it on the 5PM or 5:30 PM boat.
5. Visiting the locations to determine whether the persons engaged to perform above tasks (who have no proper supplies) appeared and what else they need for the job . . . such as cold beer, a small loan, or a ride home.
Do my fellow retiree expats and I have a fulfilling purpose?
Of course we do. Total retirement success is having another day tomorrow as wonderful as today. . . . friends, family, no clouds, good breeze, and great sounds from the tree frogs.
Bequia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Visit Emmett's website: www.islandpace.com
Comments for Caribbean Retirement Happiness: Emmett Pace
Click here to add your own comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Happy retirement.