Below are the things I try to do everyday as I struggle with my main problems of procrastination and the retirement blues. Thanks to Wendy for the coaching call as she told me that I may not be doing as bad as how I currently feel.
1) After taking my prescribed aspirin just before bedtime, I listen to a podcast or audiobook related to happiness/depression, procrastination, hypnosis, or motivation.
2) Set my alarm to sleep 8 hours but I usually wake up at least one hour early, so I decide to listen to another self-help podcast or audiobook.
3) Listen to the 10-20 min. Happiness Podcast (Dr. Robert Puff).
4) Meditation, such as the Insight Timer app or Heartbeat/breathing exercise (Tony Robbins).
5) Force myself to get out of bed by using the 5 Second Rule (Mel Robbins).
6) Drink a glass of water, then exercise (push-ups, sit-ups & dumbbells).
7) Have breakfast with my family and watch TV.
8) Gratititude journal, let go of a regret or other negative emotion, & 3 small goals for the day (Neil Pasricha's Two Minute Mornings).
After this morning routine, I usually don't end up working on my long to-do lists that have accumulated over the years (unless there is a specific deadline or urgency).
I mindlessly watch TV or surf online on the same self-help topics, then take a nap until dinner and the procrastination cycle continues until it's time to sleep. :(
Comments for Disastinator & Seeking Happiness
Click here to add your own comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Anxiety and Depression.