Living Cheap in Retirement
Living Cheap in Retirement IS possible!
Despite what you may have heard, it is possible to live cheaply in
retirement. But how? Surely, living without the financial benefits of a
full time job is extremely difficult, right? Well, as it turns out, you
might be wrong.
Thankfully, there are a variety of options available for today’s
retirees who wish to live frugally, and well.
Money saving from the Senior Citizens League:
OK, here are some some things you can do in your current location to live without
spending much money.
- Consider a smaller home, instead of the home you've lived in for years.
- While installing energy efficient devices may be more
expensive at first, in the long term they will reduce your expenses
- Look online for coupons to use on food,
appliances, and local stores, restaurants, servcies. You'd be surprised
how many coupons are out there for local services now!
This video is about living at home wisely
Recession Proof Living
- Control those compulsive shopping sprees. Think overnight
about any costly purchase.. then if you still "gotta have it", then buy
it. You'll be surprised how much you don't go back to buy.
- Grocery shop with a list in hand so you know what you need. Print coupons online first.
- Buy multiple sales items of things you use frequently. Sales usually recycle about every 12 weeks.
- Buying in bulk from stores like Costco and Walmart can also help ensure you get the most “bang for your buck.”
- Do you need two cars still?
- Use caution when buying gas for your vehicle. Only buy from the cheapest stations, and when you need it.
at your monthly bills and see if any can be reduced... a new internet
company? change your cell phone provider? car insurances?
Here is another funny frugal video!
If you follow these tips, you can live a fun lifestyle, at a low cost, after you’ve retired!
Please consider leaving your Frugal Retirement Tips below!! Share and help other retirees too... Thanks!