Remarkable Conversations About the "R" Word - Part 1!
by Gary R. Jay
How do you start a conversation about the 4th most difficult topic?
Do you call it Retirement or Reinvention or 3rd Age or 2nd Act or Encore Years or 2nd Half of Life?
The most difficult part of this journey is the 1st step.
After that step, some feel that you're half way to your destination.
Here are 7 remarkable steps to navigate the conversation from Dori Mintzer, a coach and therapist who is known to energize her clients. She is also a
co-author, with me, of "Remarkable and Real!"... a collection of 13 chronicles with remarkable questions and real possibilities for the 2nd half of life.
1. Agree to a time and place to talk with the focus on listening to each other.
2. Start with an agreed upon topic.
3. Agree to do no blaming or shaming.
4. Don't make assumptions.
5. Appreciate what you are hearing, even if you don't agree.
6. Agree to disagree agreeably.
7. Remember that it's not about who's right or wrong - it's about being heard and understood.
Our intention is to keep conversation expanding.
Our challenge to you is to remark... so we can remark... so all of us create a remarkable Brainstorm and Social Exercise.
Are you ready for our challenge to shape the rest of your life? Your lasting legacy?
Opt IN by responding to this challenge... have courage to dialogue if you want to thrive, not merely survive!
Opt OUT by responding any way you wish.. have peace by accepting your life as it is!
Opt IN favor of your best interests.. have wisdom in your choice... which is always yours!
Gary R. Jay
- Coach of Entrepreneurs Exploring Remarkable Life Options
- Coauthor of Remarkable and Real!
Remarkable Resource, Ltd., Rochester, NY
Linked In page