Ronald J's Christmas Survey
by ronaldj, michigan
Here are Ronald's answers! fun fun!
1. Is your tree real or artificial? We have five or six and they are all artificial, even though my nephews sell real trees. Back when the children were home we had real ones and they all said my picks were sad Charlie Brown trees. The goats loved to eat them after the New Year.
2. When do you put up your Christmas tree? Weekend after Thanksgiving, only because I could not convince my better half to do it sooner.
3. What is your favorite ornament on the tree? My wife always has a different theme on the main tree, but we have a SUPERHERO tree with all of my favorite things dangling on them.
4. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree? Lots of both.
5. Angel on the tree top or a star or something unique? Angel on one Spiderman on the one that counts.
6. Do you put lights up outside? Not as many as we used too, my neighbor said it was like living near an airport. The past few years they are on the ground and lower part of the lawn-no ladder or roof climbing for this old guy.
7. When do you start shopping for Christmas? 365 days a year my wallet says.
8. Do you buy lots of gifts or is your shopping limited? Love buying toys as you may know if you know me, gift cards are the wave of the future.
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Both lots of family both in laws and outlaws.
10. Do you use wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, but I like paper the best you can shake it and squeeze it and wonder more.
11. How many Christmas cards do you mail? Too many and usually too late, nothing like a Christmas card on January second.
12. Do you travel at Christmas or stay home? Not so much anymore, the crowd comes here now. In the past we would head to the city and beyond.
13. Do you go to church on Christmas or Christmas Eve? Christmas day this year.
14. Favorite Christmas song(s)? All of them all year long, I used to hum Christmas song in July the guys at work would make fun of me.
15 Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? Die Hard, Lethal Weapon and Christmas Carol.
16. Do you feel the JOY of Christmas or mostly STRESS? Joy of Christmas
17. Can you remember a special Christmas? I had the measles one Christmas and had to stay in my bedroom. My nephew who was just a little younger would put a toy in the back of a Tonka truck and roll it to me. I would take the toy out and put one in the back of the truck to roll back to him we played all afternoon that way.
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes I can, thanks to my brother and Gene Artery.