Social Security and early retirement.. now what?

by Tommie L. Trumble
(Valparaiso, Indiana Porter)

I received 3 months ss payments at age 62 and then returned to work. I plan to continue working till full retirement age of 66.

Do I need to repay the 3 months I received from ss at age 62 in order to qualify for full ss benefits at age 66?

Wendy: Yes, you can change your mind in the first year... as long as you repay.

I wrote about three Social Security recalculations here.

Here is the link so you can read the regulations yourself: SSA website on Withdrawing your Application.

Best Wishes!

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Social Security.