Wife needing Health Care Benefits

by David Hall
(Waynesville NC)

I'm turning 62 and would consider retiring in the next 2-3 years.

My wife is turning 59 and is coverd by my insurance. I have VA benefits so my health care is covered.

What are our options for having the wifes heathcare covered if I retire before she is eligble for medicare.

WENDY: Here is the government health care website to look for answers! healthcare.gov,

Comments for Wife needing Health Care Benefits

Click here to add your own comments

Independent insurance agent?
by: Leslie

Visit an independent insurance agent and see if there is a plan that meets your needs at an affordable rate.

Healthcare Benefits
by: Dean

My wife and I retired early at 61 and 62. We were able to buy health insurance through her employer. We are paying $815 a month. That's not cheap but way better than Cobra and we can keep it until we get Medicare. If that's not an option for you I guess you'd need to go with Obamacare.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Retiree Health Care.