John Assaraf's Neurogym program can provide you with retirement help... it helped me!
I've written about different self help programs I've taken over the years... this time, I am sharing my experience with John Assaraf's Neurogym programs! I like it because this is all researched from universities like Harvard, Yale, UCLA as evidenced from tens of thousands of neuroscience studies every year.
For the last 30 years John has studied neuroscience, cognitive behavioral psychology and technology to retrain his brain to eliminate feeling like he wasn’t smart or good enough to succeed in life. I have always loved challenging myself, this time it's actually working!
Click the image to learn more! Register for a free webinar or Brain-A-Thon -- they are interesting!
Neurogym has three different programs that I sincerely believe could help retirees.
- Winning the Game of Fear: Retirees often have anxiety, especially during the Retirement Transition phase of retirement. Learn how to master your fears that have been buried deep (maybe even lifelong). Dump your Fear and live the life you dreamed about!
- Winning the Game of Weight Loss: If you are not healthy, your retirement years are affected. Weight often carries a big role in being active and healthy. Forget diets, you can overcome with brain training! Lose the fat and get your mindset right - love yourself again, gain confidence with your new active lifestyle!
- Winning the Game of Money: Financial fears rule many retirements. This program can help you get past your fears, and gain new strategies for increasing your income and your life! You will feel a new level of control over your money for the rest of your life. No more panic when bills come, no more feeling like you can't earn more money (if you choose to), no problems with spending money impulsively. Retirement won’t be such a big, scary money challenge anymore. Pssst! Larry King is featured in this program!
Retirees probably won't believe this... but I am often STUCK on my online work. I absolutely love doing what I do here, but I have a hard time taking my site to the next level (whatever that is). I am comfortable as is, but I really want to grow and help more retirees. I want out of the box and out of my own comfort zone! I really do.
I do lots of meditations and trainings on positive mindset. I truly believe in the power of our minds to control so much more in our life, even our health. Ever heard the saying "You are what you think"? Some people call this the Law of Attraction. If you think, day in and day out, that retirement sucks or that you can't do whatever... You are right.
Your life will live out what your subconscious thinks to be true. If you train your mind, using positive affirmations and more so that your subconscious finally believes your new thoughts and ideas, life changes.
Enter Neurogym into my life... yet, one more training for my life! This program is all about how the brain functions and I find it fascinating. Fun Fun! I love this stuff!
I started with Neurogym in late 2016, I am on level 11 today, which means I have completed 11 of 12 weeks of the program. My mindset, I truly believe, has changed. In one more week, I will have completed the course -- but I feel I've gained so much, I will repeat it again, as many others do.
Only time will tell if I remain motivated and ready to conquer my little retirement world, but right now, I feel really good about it. I want to help more retirees, but unsure how... I will get there!
How this can HELP your Retirement
What happens in the program?
You watch a knowledge video at the beginning of each new week. You listen to an Innercise audio every day for a week. Every day -- most are about 40 minutes so it's not like you have to change your life to do this training... it changes you before you even know it.
Each week, you get a new video and new Innercise audio which you repeatedly listen to for 7 days. The odd thing, some is training (the knowledge videos) but the audio is John's voice but often "scattered" sounding. Sometimes his voice is talking and telling two different stories at the same time so you hear bits and pieces of it. He says, in the Innercise, that you don't have to even listen, your subconscious is picking it up, day after day. However, I listen -- I love his smooth voice, the background sounds, I love meditative audio and I love Innercising.
How Neurogym is Changing ME!
OK, the real reason I'm writing this... I want to share that I am doing things I've never done! Love that! Usually I shy away from any cooperative requests from other sites, preferring to do my normal solo-writing instead. That's ok.
However, Week 10 was about F.E.A.R. and it hit home with me, big time! I'm a little bit anxious sometimes, aren't we all? Yep... but I am now called: No Fear Wendy. Yeah, right,... Hey, I'm getting better! GRIN!
So, this is what has happened in the past 2 weeks:
- I received an email from Bob at the Retirement Coaches Association. Bob is looking to start an organization for Retirement Coaches, complete with the first conference in 2017. Guess what? He lives an hour from me, here in Michigan, and that's where the first conference will be. He is busy working on his new venture, we've connected, and will see what happens soon!
- I received an email from Kristina Mastrocola, Senior Editor at Women's World Magazine, asking to interview me. She does a weekly column, Ask America's Ultimate Experts. Read about my interview here... and YES, I was in the March 2017 issue!
- Lastly, at least at this point (wow -- isn't THAT brave of me, sounds like I am looking forward to the next opportunity!) -- I got a message on Facebook. Carolyn is doing live radio, from Arizona, for a new show called Second Wind Success. She asked me to be on the show. WOW! Yes, I'm scared, you've likely seen my videos, I'm not the best speaker... but I will do this too, soon!
- I can't even believe this -- but 2 days after posting this, I am back! I got an email this morning from Anuj, Founder of Feedspot. He writes: "I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Retirement-Online.com... one of the Top 100 Retirement Blogs on the web. http://blog.feedspot.com/retirement_blogs/
I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 100 Retirement Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!" I am seriously honored to be on this list... I am #61 of 100 on 2.3.17. This is really motivating to me! Thank you Feedspot!
- One week later, again, I was granted a scholarship to Bill Baren's The Big Shift Experience 2017 conference in San Jose, California in March! I am absolutely thrilled because Bill Baren is a fabulous Coach and now I get to learn from the best! I put off applying for days, and finally "just did it" and guess what? They accepted me! Woo Hoo! The cost of the program was $997... so that's a pretty cool Coaching scholarship to receive!
I am so blessed in 2017!
Wendy, having fun being fearless! Yikes!
Register for a free webinar to see how interesting this is! Take action and help yourself live the best retirement possible!
- Winning the Game of Weight Loss: If you are not healthy, your retirement years are affected. Weight often carries a role in being healthy. Is this you? Forget diets, you can overcome with brain training!
- Winning the Game of Money: Financial fears rule many retirements. This program can help you get past your fears, and gain new strategies for increasing your income and your life!