Top Ten Reasons to Retire: I love my job
1. We don't have forever...time runs out
2. Feel like i am 30 but am 67 don't want to waste it
3. Eventually we all have to retire sometime, it may as well be now
4. Get physically fit..eat healthy.....yoga etc.
5. Time to entertain
6. Watch my grand kids games with enthusiasm instead of exhaustion at the end of the day
7 Was financially prudent and can afford to go
8 Can work on my farm everyday not just weekends
9 Do day trips with husband, friends, sisters
10 Dad died of Alzheimers as did his twin sister I may face it as well he had signs in his late 70's
wendy: Yep Karen, you'll do quite well as a retiree. You love your job, but I bet you'll love your retirement just as much.. you've got a great attitude! Enjoy it!
p.s. I'm taking a class on this book, last one tonight, and its a great roadmap for retirement... what are your values in life and many many options to DO what you want to do!
Too Young to Retire: 101 Ways To Start The Rest of Your Life