Online Writing Tips
If you want to write online, there are so many ways to do this - on your own blog or writing for others.
The book to the right is from Amazon... click to read more...
A Few Important Writing Tips
Writing online is a bit different than writing elsewhere.
People tend to SKIM as they read, not read completely unless they find the perfect idea they seek.
- Write shorter paragraphs (just a few lines each)
- Use bullet points whenever possible as they are easy to skim
- Use sub-headers so people can quickly find exactly what they need -- instead of clicking "back" and leaving the site
- Use keywords. BIG fan of keywords here. Thats what brings me organic search engine traffic (readers flock to my retirement-online.com pages with no work from me other than to write about keywords they seek)
If you want to earn money writing articles online, maybe a beginner who is not quite ready to commit to a blog or website, you might try Freelance Writing Jobs: 101+ Online Writing Jobs, if you are seeking ideas.
You could also try writing for pay:
- Mechanical Turk by Amazon - weird name, I know, but I loved to find writers there. So many simple jobs...
- Fiverr.com - lots of ideas there for earning $5 at a time. Sounds like little, but if you are a writer and love it, and start getting "gigs", it adds up quickly. THEN you move on to something better paying. Right?
Both don't pay much, but they also don't require much... you can choose a job that only wants a 100-word review of something, or an article on a local tourist attraction. You just have to register and find jobs you'd like to apply for.
Wendy's other site... because Aging Matters!